On April 23 and May 12 we had the opportunity to organize a meeting with our clients and contacts of major companies to present our ecoLOGICAL software manufacturing.
It was not an ordinary event. We chose a privileged place in Madrid, the private club “The Purple Club”, which boasts stunning views of the Retiro, and allowed us a very cozy setting rooms to encourage active participation of attendees. Also encouraged by the two dynamics of participatory games that framed part of the agenda of the event, we managed to create an atmosphere of closeness and confidence throughout the morning, causing that all participants shared experiences, concerns and new ideas about change that has occurred in the current model of software manufacturing. A very successful format for this event.
The process of creating software has evolved from sequential models life cycle to agile life cycles in which there is a rapid, iterative and incremental presentation of finished product with direct benefits for the project and for the end user.
In Panel Sistemas we know that change the software construction model requires changes in the culture, processes and tools of the organisation.
And this was primarily the purpose of the event: to show that changing model is possible (there’s a way !, even if it’s the gateway Holzarte :-), and where it is advisable to begin to address the successful transformation. So, we show how in Panel Sistemas we applied this change and what benefits we obtained, both we and our customers, applying such healthy practices as DevOps, Continuous Integration and Test Automation to promote quality assurance and to maximize the delivered value to the customer. It is what we call ecoLOGICAL software manufacturing in Panel.
Then, we give you the presentations of each of our speakers, where you will find in detail these topics we discussed during the day. You will also find at the end of this post a video summary of the event and a compilation of photos taken during the event. Finally, we greatly thank from here the participation of:
- Javier López-Camacho, Business Manager at Panel Sistemas, which was responsible for opening the event with his presentation about the ecoLOGICAL Sofware manufacturing model in Panel.
- Miguel Ángel Nicolao, CIO at Panel Sistemas, who shared with us the experience of crossing the chasm to the “agilism”, and what lessons have we learned along the way.
- Elena Rodríguez, Web and mobile Development Director at Air Europa (Globalia Group), who shared his experience in quality assurance and test automation with the collaboration of Panel as a strategic partner in SQA.
- Jorge Merino, Responsible of Automation at PanelTesting Center of Excellence, who showed us a practical demo of the functional tests autyomation project performed with probes availability for Air Europa.
- David Barbáchano, Operations Manager at Panel Sistemas, who told us about how to apply Continuous Integration in agile projects development.
- Diego Rojas, Change Agent – Agile & Executive Coach at Thinking with You, who was responsible for energizing the dynamic participatory event in which attendees could experience the benefits of an agile organization.
Thank you very much to everyone for sharing this experience together, and we hope that you enjoyed so much as we do!
We see you again on our next ecoLOGICAL meeting.
Download presentations [in spanish]:
1. ecoLOGICAL software manufacturing. By Javier López-Camacho, Business Manager at Panel Sistemas.
2. Crossing the precipice towards Agilism. Stories of success and failure. By Miguel Ángel Nicolao, CIO at Panel Sistemas.
3. Case Study of Testing Automation with Probes Availability. By Elena Rodríguez, Web and mobile Development Director at Air Europa (Globalia Group).
4. Benefits of Continuous Integration in agile development. By David Barbáchano, Operations Manager at Panel Sistemas.