It is likely that at some point you have done some kind of development with SOAP. It is a multiplatform Open Source tool that allows, through a graphical interface, to analyze and test our development environments through automatic tests, but ... Do you really know its full potential?
As we already saw in our previous video, SOAP allows to automate tests on WebServices. However, in the case of my talk I wanted to focus more on the development with SoapUI of WebServices, how to incorporate it into a Continuous Integration process and how to use SoapUI tests to develop. In the video that you will find below, we will see in detail other characteristics such as:
- Soap and Rest Web Services Simulation.
- Load tests.
- Add functionality using Groovy.
- Test tests using SSL.
- Verify database inputs and outputs.
- Send and receive messages using JMS.
In addition, we review the different theories, principles and philosophies that govern the development of Web Services:
- We talk about the different testing characteristics as well as the test automation pyramid theory.
- We explain in detail the FIRST Principles of Unit Testing (Fast, Isolated, Repeatable, Self-validating, Timely).
- Finally, we review the practice of Continuous integration y